Vitamin C, Centella Asiatica and Silicon stimulate collagen production, activate cellular renewal, and protect the skin.
From the WHERTEIMAR technical team, we want to draw your attention to how this pandemic period may affect one of the most important organs of our body: the skin.
Stress, lack of sleep, intake of fatty foods (simple sugars, trans fats, processed foods, etc.) and tobacco are some of the causes that can affect normal skin function and produce a drastic reduction in collagen.
It is a protein secreted by connective tissue cells called fibroblasts. It is found in all important structures of the body and gives firmness and elasticity to the skin. It keeps tissues and cells together, forming a barrier against toxic substances, pathogens, environmental toxins, microorganisms, and cancer cells. Lack of collagen causes the skin to be thinner, easily damaged, sagging and the consequent appearance of wrinkles.
Collagen formation occurs while we sleep, that is when the body enters a recovery phase and repairs itself. Especially in the first part of sleep, it is when there is protein synthesis from the different nutrients and substances of the body.
One way it is reflected is through the skin. Stress produces cortisol, the “stress hormone”, and an excess of it produces an imbalance that can be seen in the skin.
It is important to learn how to manage stress, as it will be reflected in our body. We must get enough sleep at night, take a nap of 10-15 minutes, and do any type of exercise that releases muscle tension.
Here are five effects of stress on our skin:
- Premature aging: it worsens wrinkles by inflaming the skin, hinders cell regeneration, and makes it more vulnerable to adversities.
- Loss of luminosity: blood flow is directed to the muscles, producing more muscle tension. This reduces blood flow to the rest of the body, so fewer nutrients reach the skin through the blood.
- Dehydration, wrinkles, and flaccidity: due to lack of blood supply and increased fluid evaporation.
- Redness of the skin: the body secretes more adrenaline and cortisol, resulting in the appearance of hives. Even people with psoriasis can get worse.
- Adult acne: tension produces an inflammatory response, and this swells the pores, clogging them. Stress also releases more androgens, causing pimples.
How to provide collagen to our skin?
Vitamin C, Centella Asiatica and Silicon are designed to stimulate collagen production, activate cell renewal, and protect the skin against the negative action of free radicals.
Without Vitamin C, it produces worse and less collagen. This especially affects smokers, as nicotine kills our body’s Vitamin C reserves. As a result, sagging occurs.
It is recommended to take natural collagen because it does not offer any side effects but be sure to buy good brands.
We must also eat fruits, vegetables, and proteins in our diet to get a good protein intake.
FACIAL HOME TREATMENT
- Apply Les Délicats Fortifying Night Cream* to face, neck and décolleté and allow to absorb.
* Contains Organic Silicon and Centella Asiatica
IN THE MORNING